Tuesday, August 28, 2007

God...

God is so amazing! Everyday He amazes me with something new! No matter how basic or elementary it is, h\He finds away to amaze me.
Tonight at worship, I showed up really tired and wanting to go home, but I knew I needed to stay. Well we started normal just doing whatever and Erin put this CD on by the Desperation band. I opened my Bible, deciding to read about surrendering, since it's something Ineed to do in my life. Well, there was nothing in there defined as that in the concordance. Which I thought was odd. So I looked under sacrifice. There I found a passage we've all heard, but it's never shouted at me more.

Romans 12:1 "And so dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies
to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and
holy sacrifice- the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the
way to worship him. Do not copy the behavior and customs of this
world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way
you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good
and pleasing and perfect."

God is always willing to instruct us in the areas we lack if we just ask. I had just prayed and asked God to show me what He wanted me to see. And BAMMM! There it was. Plus, surrendering was the theme of the night! This is something I really need to work on too. Trusting that God knows what is best and that His will for my life is good and perfect and I want ever so badly to please Him. Also, I need to learn to be content with the things He has blessed me with. To stop looking toward the next new thing and start setting my eyes and goals to match His.

Thank you Lord for being my rock and salvation. Thank you for the fact you never change. And that when I've walked away, you're still there beckoning me. Thank you for believing in me even when I can't believe in myself. I love you! Please teach me to die to you everyday and give you all I have, no more barriers. Thank you for the people you've placed in my life. You're wonderful. Thank you and I love you.
Amen

1 comment:

Casey Raquel said...

I found you my wonderful! I love your thoughts on surrender. Something we all need to learn desperately. You are a great example my friend. :) Love you!